Design and visual communications, as one of the links, should be considered primarily in the context of sales objectives. Today we will consider a brochure as a tool for business promotion. We will evaluate the effectiveness of brochures in marketing, give examples of great marketing brochures, and tell you how to prepare for brochures printing San Francisco. So, let’s start.
How Does Brochures Marketing Work
How effective is brochure marketing? The answer is – brochure marketing is very effective.
Any brochure contains, first, a selling text. Good advertisers know the secrets of salespeople. To have a certain psychological impact on the target audience, the best marketing brochures must contain answers to five questions.
1. What? What kind of product/service is being offered. This item should be exactly at the beginning, as the main one. It should be borne in mind that the consumer is not buying a product, but a desire to own.
2. To whom? The target audience is described. The seller knows his target audience very well, but the buyer should want to be numbered (subconsciously) in this circle. For example, elite Georgian wines are preferred by true gourmets, members of high society. If an ordinary, average citizen feels an irresistible desire to belong to “these circles” – he is yours.
3. What for? Situations are described when this particular product/service is needed. For example, wine is used on special occasions or during a romantic rendezvous, warm boots will warm you in the winter cold …
4. Why? Emphasis is placed on the merits of the seller. Why exactly in this place is it worth buying what you need.
5. How? The consumer learns how he can fulfill his desire. This is the last item containing information about the location, contact numbers. You can put a map with driveways. Describe related services.
In short, by creating “correct” advertising and marketing brochures, you can not only expand your target audience but also acquire a certain image. This is especially important when promoting a brand.
A good brochure can tell the viewer everything there is to know about a residential project, without the involvement of a manager. The content that leads from the beginning to the end like an invisible thread does not let go and strengthens the impression of the project more and more. What you should pay attention to? Begin to gradually invite and “lure” into your project. It is not necessary to load too long / too much with the ideology of the project, philosophy, and other digressions. All this is exactly what the design should convey. Secondly, you can make unique marketing brochures with impressive covers.
As a rule, people find less and less time to read books, especially since they will not find it to read your large texts. We recommend no more than 500-800 characters with spaces on one spread. Make capacious and interesting headlines, make callouts, photo captions, footnotes. Even the great Ogilvy wrote that the greatest interest in the reader is caused by large headlines and small captions to the photo. Today’s trend tells us: the text is a design element.
Photos are good brochures marketing materials. The 80% to 20% rule works in the ratio of the volume of photos to the text in your brochure. In my opinion, it is already a trivial idea that we are not selling bricks, but the life in the project should be 100% reflected in your photo content. Professional photographer, versatile shooting, high-quality correction, and selected characters. These should not be staged photos, but live shots of happy people.
Your brochure is a part of the visual communication system and should be relevant to the philosophy of your company or project. And most importantly, to implement a good brochure that takes into account the context of the environment, perceptions, and interests of the audience, designers must understand the goals of the brand and think in terms of scenarios of human interaction with this tool.